Existing Member?

Crikey! Jamie's gone down under!

More Job Hunting and an Interesting Night

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 27 February 2011 | Views [417]

For the last 2 weeks, I've spent most of my time on the couch looking for jobs online. I have been out and about looking for jobs elsewhere, but to no avail. I haven't done very much, but I have caught up on my TV online!! I went for a friendly game of football (much needed exercise!) last week, and was absolutely knackered afterwards, aching for a good couple of days after that. Just been kind of, existing, over the last 14 days.

Yesterday, however, we spent the night in as a house, and got fairly drunk fairly cheaply! It was a good night, meeting prospective housemates, and having a laugh the night before Kate's (a housemate) birthday. Ended up going to bed at 1am, and then got woken up by Dan's (my roommate) phone going at 5.30am, his friend having forgotten the time difference. Great start to the day.

It was Kate's birthday today, and decorations had been put up overnight. It was quite a scene, with streamers and balloons and party poppers everywhere. And because the balloons had been blown up at night using cold air, when they heated up in the day, there were regular bangs of the exploding balloons. We just got used to it. At 8pm though, we started our night out, and headed into town to celebrate Kate's 30th. I came home at 1am, just not really feeling it anymore, and sat down to watch the rugby online. Then there was an infernal banging, and Etienne, who had come home shortly before me, was crashing about in the bathroom, taking a shower, completely HAMMERED. I knocked on the door, and was answered by a stark naked Etienne standing in the shower, slurring to his heart's content, saying that he was fine. By this time, Virginie had woken up and was demanding to know what was going on. It was a mess. I told him to dry off and go to bed, and he did that, with a couple more appearances before disappearing for good.

Only 20 mins after that, all the girls came home, and they had had a time of it. Elizabetta aka Italiano (a small, fiery italian girl, with suspected links to the sicilian mafia) had got into a fight outside the club we'd been at, and Antonia and Gemma had had to step in and defend her. Apparently, the riot police had turned up in full gear and had threatened to deport Elizabetta as a result of her violent actions, kicking people, biting bouncers, allsorts. It was a hell of a story, I couldn't believe all this had happened in the hour since I'd left. I spent another hour hearing all about it and trying to calm tempers, and eventually the girls all went to bed.

So I'm sitting here now, just about to watch the England vs. France rugby match at 4am, and thank god I have managed to get some peace!! I didn't mind being talked at through the Italy/Wales match, but if they'd tried to talk to me through this one, I would not have been happy! It's about to kick off, so I'll see you all later. Let me know what's new with you all! Bye!! xxxxxxxxxxx

About jtmoughton


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.