Existing Member?

My Dumb Idea

Can anybody tell me where the Lowe's is at?

CHINA | Thursday, 1 September 2011 | Views [562] | Comments [2]

Oh China, you silly rapscallion, it seems you dream up new and inventive ways to drive me insane every other day. I would pay money, real money, not Chinese yuan not American dollars but British Sterling Silver pounds for a Lowe's right now. The light in my main room has been blown for like 4 days now. I would love to get a new light bulb, but first I would need a ladder. Good Luck! Peter tried to buy one the other day and they wouldn't sell it to him, they said it was broke. Even if I could get the light bulb out I am not sure where to get a replacement. I would have to walk up and down light street until I found a shop that carried the bulb I needed. My hot water heater, which works fine, was having some flow problems. So I suggested that they send someone out to look at the plumbing, like a plumber. Sure, some guy showed up with a satchel with an adjustable wrench in it, I guess that makes him a plumber. He drained my tank and decided the valve from the tank was bad. That's cool its just a simple y-connector that takes the hot and cold into one pipe with an adjustable valve opening in it. It's cool it is just going to take 3-5 days to order the part. Order the part, it is a simple plumbing part, I bet it is in aisle 29 or 30 of your local Lowe's. Of course when I told him that he just stared at me, either because he just trying to make his distaste for me know with his callous indifference or he didn't understand a word I was saying. You decide. So I have spent the last 2 days showering out of my sick, please don't visualize that, but needless to say it hasn't been fun.

Well on a different front, everything is going quite well. The other day I made a bowl of Jell-o and completely underestimated the amount of Jell-o I was making, so I have been eating Jell-o for about 3 days now. I am getting sick of Jell-o and on a side note now that that story is over I don't have to type Jell-o anymore, it is annoying. Other than that I have just been kind of hanging out waiting for more school to start. This two class a week thing kind of stinks. It is really quite boring, and I know what you are thinking" Josh you are in China it should be an amazing wonderland of adventure and fantasy, with new sites and sounds and smells to enjoy everyday". Well that would be true if I was on like a 3 week vacation package but I am not. I am here working and living my life the same as you the only difference is my supermarket keeps the pig whole until you pick the part you want and then they chop it off. Well that isn't the only difference just the most important as I see it. It seems like the school has gotten wise to this as well, since I have a meeting tomorrow with Mr. Wang, to discuss my "revised" schedule. I don't like the sound of that. Other than that things have been pretty quiet, no hurricanes or earthquakes. You can look forward to the next Culture Corner in which we discuss Chinese people and their reaction to authority. We call that a tease in the business.

Comments

1

Glad you made it safely. Bummer about the wallet. Oh and thank you for culture corner! Anything is better than digestive disasters!!
Miss you!

  Kel Sep 3, 2011 7:42 AM

2

I visualized it...and i'm not sorry i did.
Also, i love satchels. Quite the fashionista, isn't he??

i DO miss you.

i DO read your stories out of order, hence the random comments.

byebye

  avoidthenastyones Sep 13, 2011 2:31 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.