Existing Member?

My Dumb Idea

Hot Shower

CHINA | Wednesday, 26 August 2009 | Views [538] | Comments [7]

For the first time in the five or so days I have been here, I really have no concept of calendar time here, I got up this morning and took a hot shower. The funny part if the story is that I have always had a hot water heater, and I just assumed it was on and working, since the remote that was attached to it had its glowing lights on. Sadly I was mistaken you actually need to turn the hot water heater on to make it heat water, but of course the controller is in Chinese, so I just kept pushing buttons and it eventually worked. So I took a gloriously hot shower this morning and I loved every second of it. I may have mentioned to some of you about the enormous crickets that infest my room at night. Well last night i snapped, I saw one of the crickets murder the woman I loved. So I took a strip of red cloth and wrapped it around my head (the toboggan that was knitted for me by Mrs. Albaugh) got my bow and arrows with the explosive tips (Flyswatter) and I went cricket hunting. For a solid 7 days (7 minutes) I stalked the wilds (rooms of my apartment) and hunted down every last one of those murdering crickets and sent them back to their Maker. After a successful campaign I went to sleep secure in the knowledge that I had eradicated the enemy. HOWEVER when I awoke this morning to go to the bathroom I discovered one on the door and like a true man I screamed like a girl and ran back and hid under my blankets. I got my first taste of real Chinese food last night. I went to the noodle shop, and met Kung Fu Panda who was serving the noodles oddly enough. They were delicious. I did ask for bourbon chicken but they didn't have any, so sorry Dan. Since I am still using Finn's computer I am not able to post pics and videos yet. I will be getting my laptop on the internet by the end of this week hopefully and then I will pst all of the stuff I got for you guys. Make sure Hillard gets back in Tool World, Dan, and Kelly keep an eye on him. Slow down in my car, or I will come back to Ohio and hurt you. How many blue ballons does it take to paint a wall? Keep an eye on MacGee for mee. Eagerly awaitng comments.

Comments

1

I had an interview at Springdale icecream and beverages in north cincinnati. Word on the grpavine is that I did a good job...and the maintenance manager acted like the job was mine..He said he would hire someone this week.. so I am waiting by the phone..I did drive your car to the interview...just because it had a half a tank of gas and your A/C works..When I get that job (positive thinging) I going to take your car off the market and use it as my daily driver ..if that happens I'll take over the payments untill you get home... work's for both of us....I am so happy right now.. I just found out that I passed(C)my tech math II class...It must have been devine intervention because I bombed the last test..but I'll take a C and move on..I'm glad to hear that you have hot showers..wouldn't want you to give Americans a bad rep

  Craig Aug 26, 2009 2:55 PM

2

I had a similar encounter with a swarm of fruit flies that came in with some grapefruit that was a little past its prime. When you have to be under one of those mosquito canopies in order to sleep soundly. I pulled a Mel Gibson and went at them Fort Wilderness style. No fly was spared. I took my time. I can still see their faces. I can still hear their screams. Two weeks later, they broke their treaty with the French.

Hot showers are awesome. I had a hot water issue in one of my old apartments and had to resort to a Navy shower technique that wasn't the least bit enjoyable. Possible gay references aside, it is simply a water saving strategy. However, I have always maintained that it is not gay when you are underway.

  cross Aug 27, 2009 12:32 AM

3

Josh!!! honeybun!!! i am glad to read that Kung Fu Panda served you your noodles. That brings me joy.

So, a cricket murdered the woman you love???? Where do i begin? First off, i can't wait to go to China to see these murdering crickets!! Second, umm...the woman you love? i am alive and not in china yet... i haven't seen any maleficent crickets yesterday or today...i don't know where you came up with this...

p.s. work on your sentences and punctuation boy!! ha
: )

  avoidthenastyones Aug 27, 2009 4:52 AM

4

It's a lovely mental picture of you running thru the apartment killing crickets, young kung fu warrior; all you need to go with your outfit is a cape. There will be no bug spray, the postal service frowns on mailing that kind of stuff, just freeze them out. At least you will be keeping with your exercise program, hills to climb during the day, and bug killing at night. I pity the people downstairs, they may think godzila had swam over. pkg will be coming not sure how long it will take, it will be small considering they want an arm and a leg to mail, so look out for the body parts enclosed.

  gail Aug 27, 2009 5:04 AM

5

Good stuff JP.. Im enjoying reading these :)

  Retter Aug 28, 2009 2:27 AM

6

all the way around the world and ur cracking me up! love keeping up with you. ur in my thoughts... teach me kung fu when you return?

  jaime Sep 3, 2009 10:52 AM

7

o no way international shout out

  adam Oct 8, 2009 11:31 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.