Existing Member?

John's Adventures

Going Home

USA | Monday, 16 January 2017 | Views [335]

Going home today.  The morning began as usual.  Kevin got up, made coffee (I skipped the coffee today due to not wanting to get caught in a long que or stuck on the bus to the airport) and then got ready for work.  I took a quick shower and finished packing.  I had done most of it last night, but there is always a few things that need to be stowed away.  We all headed out around 7:10.  Kevin walked with Joe and I for the first block then split to go to work.  Joe helped me with one suitcase to the Quest Hotel, where I scheduled a SkyBus pickup for 7:30.  The bus arrived at 7:17 and Joe and I said our goodbyes.

It was a quick trip to Southern Cross Station where I had to change busses to get to the airport.  Both rides were pleasant because there weren’t very many people on them.  I got checked in and through security in about 15 minutes.  I was about 2 hours early, so I waited in the United / Cathay Pacific Lounge.  It was a nice place and I even snoozed a bit.  Boarding was a snap and we were on our way.

The flight was uneventful.  There was only one screaming baby, but that didn’t last long.  Better parents on this trip.  We arrived 15 minutes early.  I cleared customs, got my bags and caught the shuttle to the Budget Rental Center.  They gave me an Impala, didn’t like it, and I headed for Leslie, Ken and Pat’s house.  I wanted to see them and find out how the move went.  It was a very pleasant, and tasty event.  Pat showed me a book that someone had written about her home town area.  It was interesting to see the old pictures from the Lake Samish area of Washington.

Not wanting to stay too long as I hadn’t slept much and had been up for 20 hours, I said my goodbyes and headed for San Diego around 10:30.  The drive was good, I was a bit drowsy though, and I got home without any problems.  I quickly brought in the luggage and called Mike.  He met me at the Budget Rental in Mission Valley and brought me home.  I spent the rest of the day and evening catching up on work and getting organized.  Lots of mail.  Two big bags to go through.  I have my work cut out for me.

Thus ends the last cruise of 2016.  I have a couple more I want to go on, but we’ll see how this year goes.

 

 

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.