Existing Member?

John's Adventures

Fancy Dinner - Last Full Day in Melbourne

USA | Friday, 13 January 2017 | Views [278]

Another lazy day. Joe and I spent most of the day inside due to rain, and the need for a couple of more naps. Resting is hard work. We did go out for lunch at a neat little place called BondStore. They just serve breakfast and lunch. I had a smoked chicken sandwich, which was just OK. It had a Vietnamese slaw on it that had pickles. Joe had a pulled pork sandwich, again. We walked home and Joe took his ‘main nap of the day’ and I worked on the blog and watched Joe sleep. In Joe’s defense, he did do a load of laundry today, so he deserved a nap after all that hard work. Being retired takes a lot out of one, especially while on vacation.

I offered to take Kevin out to dinner as a thank you for the hospitality. We went to a seafood / steak restaurant called WaterFront. It’s in the Southgate area next to the river. We have walked past it numerous times and decided that we would try it tonight. We were not disappointed. They brought a seafood chowder that was fabulous and then we got our steaks. Kevin and Joe had the Filet and of course I had ribeye. It was the best meal we have had on this trip. Only Kevin liked the Pinnacle Grill’s filet better. We followed the meal up with ice cream from a place next door. It was a great evening.

Tomorrow morning we have an overnight trip planned to see some sights along the coast.

 

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.