Existing Member?

John's Adventures

Lazy Day

USA | Thursday, 12 January 2017 | Views [309]

This was the laziest day I have had in a long time. Joe and I must have been tired from all the excursions we have been taking lately. After Kevin left, Joe and I got up and within an hour we were both ‘resting our eyes’. We finally made breakfast and shortly thereafter, we took a nap. Joe went back to bed and I napped on the couch for a bit. I did some work on the computer and Joe got up for the second time around 12:30.

We looked at future cruises and discussed one in particular. There is a 5 day cruise out of San Diego in April that will allow us to take advantage of some credits we earned on the Fiji cruise. We are tempted to take it, especially Joe because it is almost free for him. Me, it would cost a bit, but I really want to see Victoria Island and Vancouver, Canada. We’ll see if we make the trip. Decisions have to be made by the end of this month.

After that EXHAUSTING discussion and internet research, we jut HAD to take another snooze. We conked out for about 45 minutes and woke up just in time to get dressed and meet Kevin for dinner. We had made plans to meet Kevin in the CBD on one of the ‘lanes’ as the locals call them. As I mentioned in the blog for Tuesday, there are these little side streets that are old alleyways that are full of little restaurants and shops. We decided on Cafe Andiamo. It is an Italian place with just a few tables. The food was good and all enjoyed the dinner.  Joe and I had the minestrone soup for a starter and then I had lasagna while Kevin had carbonara and Joe had a spaghetti.

From there Kevin ran a quick errand before he and I had to leave to go play bridge. Kevin had made arrangements with a couple of friends he had met at the bridge club he belongs to, Seng and Des. We caught the tram and after a 15 minute ride we were close to Seng’s home. Since we got there a bit early, so we stopped at Roscos@Chevron for a cold water and soda.

Seng’s Condo was just a block away and we walked over at 7:00. They have a lovely condo, wish I would have taken pictures but I forgot. We played until 9:30 and then Des gave us a ride home. I worked on the blog and Kevin had to kill some bad guys in his game.

Tomorrow it is supposed to rain. We had originally planned to spend Friday in due to the rain, but since we did that today, we may have to go out and do something. Check back tomorrow and see if the naps take over and win again.

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.