Existing Member?

John's Adventures

Last Day of the Cruise

USA | Tuesday, 3 January 2017 | Views [254]

The last day of the cruise. Sad to think that this portion of the vacation went so fast. Just as we were getting to know some of the other passengers it came to an end. However, Erick and I took high today at bridge. That’s the way to go out in style.

Our day started with breakfast, minus Kevin. Bob and Jim (the San Diego guys) joined us at our table. From there, Joe and I went up to our staterooms to shower and get ready for the day. From there we met at the ‘Future Cruise Desk’ to start planning our next trips. I want to do the circumnavigation of Australia and also the one that goes up the Amazon. Joe wants to do the Australia – New Zealand-back to San Diego trip. We’ll have to work things out.

After that, we went to the casino until time for bridge. I made a few bucks to help east the gambling deficit a bit. Bridge was a lot of fun. Erick and I finally got comfortable with the other’s biding style…and we cleaned up, fun day!! After bridge Gary and I joined Joe at Happy Hour. Kevin went to his stateroom to pack. We have to have our big cases out in the hall by midnight.

I went to my room around 5:30 and pack most of the large bag and to work on this blog. There was also some wine left from the party last night…and I JUST COULDN”T POUR IT DOWN THE DRAIN. We are also having another bottle at dinner. Might be lots of fun tonight.

I joined the GLBT group around 6:30. Everyone was there and it was a nice gathering. Everyone said their goodbyes and exchanged contact information. The four of us then went to the Vista Dining area for our last meal. It was very good, they had lamb shanks, YEA!!. Our favorite waiter, Win, retrieved my birthday cake from the Pinnacle Grill and we had that for dessert. When dinner was finished, we gave Gary a hug and went to our rooms, except for Kevin. He had to make one last round to say goodbye to all the people he met on the cruise. I wish he was this sociable at home.

Gary has to catch the transfer at 9:30 and Joe and Kevin have to get the 8:30 one. Me, I am going to grab a cab to the hotel as I am staying in Sydney for a couple of days. I fly to Melbourne on the 6th. Birthday in Sydney…who would have thunk. It.

This is the last day of the cruise and I start the next leg of the vacation.

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.