Existing Member?

John's Adventures

Sea Day - Heading to Sydney

USA | Sunday, 1 January 2017 | Views [210]

Happy New Year.

This was a lazy day for us all. Gary and Kevin met for breakfast in the Vista Dining Room. Joe joined me on the veranda for room service breakfast. It was fun to eat outside. The morning was nice, not too hot, not too windy. A very pleasant start to the day. After that, Joe left to do some chores. We decided to meet up at the Culinary Art show at 11:00.

The chef did a very tasty curried banana and pork dish. I didn’t think I would like it, but it was quite good. I asked about getting recipes for the dishes we had in the dining rooms and the host said that he would get a couple if I gave him my room number. I want the curried cauliflower soup and the butternut green apple soup.

From there I went to the room to rest a bit before bridge at 1:30. It was another fun game, but Erick and I came in 4th. Of course it was ALL Erick’s fault. We all met for Happy Hour at 4 and then broke around 5 to go down to change for our, MY, special birthday dinner at the Pinnacle Grill.  Dinner was very nice. Made especially nice because Joe was given a bottle of prosecco and a cookbook from the casino. We were able to swap out the sparkly with a cold bottle. Gary and I enjoyed lots more of the bubbly than Joe and Kevin…but then it was my birthday dinner.

After dinner, Joe and I went to the casino and played until around 11:00. I broke even. Kevin went to the main stage for a show by the ship’s singers. Bedtime was around 11:15 for me and Joe. Not sure what time Kevin called it quits. He and new friend Keith were having fun going to the different bars and talking to people they had met on the cruise.

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.