Existing Member?

Fleur Tonkin

Kent to Milan 10.1.2012

ITALY | Friday, 13 January 2012 | Views [412]

Hi All,

My apologies for the lack of entries over the last few days - unfortunately I don't even have a proper excuse for not keeping you updated!

On Wednesday I took the train from Shepherds Well (near Dover) to Victoria Station, and then an express train from there to Gatwick airport. I was flying with easyjet who have a 20kg limit for checked luggage, but no weight limit for hand luggage. Unfortunately I did not realise that even though there is no wight limit for the hand luggage, passengers are restricted to one bag only, and of course - I had 2! The man at the gate informed me that I could put one bag inside the other or there woud be a fee of 40 pounds to check in the other bag. Of course (although I tried very hard) I could not fit one bag into the other so I went back up and said that I was sorry, I hadn't realised there was a one bag limit and I would pay the 40 pounds. The man took me aside and said that because I had not realised he woud let me off. So lucky!


The plane trip was only 90 minutes to Milan and I made a mental note to book more baggage for my Easyjet flight to Edinburgh the next day! I was required to fly into Milan to start my Working Visa, but as I still don't have a job I decided to stay for just one night and then fly to Edinburgh to stay with friends until I have a job to go to!

My accomodation in Milan was simple but nice (the best feature was that it included a free pick up and drop off at the airport!). I had a double room with a table and fridge and my own ensuite for only $55 AUD per night :)

Tags: gatwick airport, malpensa house, milan airport

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.