Existing Member?

Fleur Tonkin

Rome - Day 4

ITALY | Thursday, 7 June 2012 | Views [454]

Our last day in Rome...


We had to be up early today to check out of our accomodation, so we packed up and checked out, but left our cases at reception and headed off to Campo Di Fiori to experience the markets. The stalls mostly sold fruit, veg and local produce, but we tasted some nice cheeses and fresh fruit, and I bought a necklace and a choc-chilli liqueur!


We wandered around the streets nearby and looked in a few cute shops. We eventually made our way to Piazza Navona where we saw hundreds of paintings of Rome and its' surrounds.


We took the tube and bus back to our accomodation at 4, where we caught the shuttle back to the airport and flew back to a chilly london night (12 degrees), at least we had coats to wear with our shorts!


It was a fantastic trip, and Joan was a perfect travel companion :) I think my favourite sights were the Trevi Fountain and the Colosseum, but wandering the streets and discovering places frequented by the locals was very enjoyable too.


Arrivederci until my next trip

xox

Tags: joan willingham

 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.