Existing Member?

Fleur Tonkin

Shopping in Stratford!

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 9 January 2012 | Views [356]

Today Barbara and I took the Javelin train from Folkstone to Stratford. It is a high speed train (up to 140 mph!) and cost 35.30 GBP return, but only took 45 minutes to reach our destination! We went to the brand new Westfield centre (which opened in December 2011) to do a bit of shopping :) There were several shops I was familiar with, such as Forever 21, Zara, Gap and Marks & Spencers. Then there were some of the stores I had come across in Ipswich, like; Boots, Top Shop, New Look and Primark, and then more shops that were totally new to me, like; River Island, Fat Face, Next, Lush, Accessorise and Monsoon :) I was very well behaved on this shopping trip; all I got was a nice jumper from Next (Barb's favourite shop). We went to a mexican place for lunch, which was really cool (I'll upload some photos soon!) with lots of little dishes so we got to try lots of things. They donate 20p from every dish to an organisation which helps to educate street kids in Mexico and when they bring the bill they also give you a little packet of chilli seeds so you can grow your very own chilli's! We got a coffee and did a bit of grocery shopping in Marks & Spencers (it's always so interesting to look at all the products different countries have to offer) and then caught our speedy Javelin train back home in time for tea :) Tomorrow we are going to Canterbury for some more shopping (just a bit!) and to see the sights like the old cathedral. I will also try to upload pictures from my phone and camera tomorrow. :) 

Tags: folkstone station, stratford international, westfield shopping centre-stratford

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.