Existing Member?

Fleur Tonkin

Ipswich to Kent

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 9 January 2012 | Views [270]

Yesterday (7/1/12) I made my way from Ipswich to Dover in Kent after a lovely morning of shopping and lunch with the gorgeous Joan Willingham :) I caught the train from Ipswich Station to Liverpool st Station, then changed to the Tube from Liverpool to Victoria Station and then managed to get my final train from there to Shepherds Well (in Dover). I had some trouble finding my platform for the last train as it was not listed on the departures board, however the conductor told me that when the train had been assigned a platform that it would come up on the board and it did, so that was no problem. I had to be very careful where I sat on the train however, as the first four coaches went to Dover and the last 3 went to Margate and they split into two halfway through the journey! After 4 hours, 11 minutes and a 25 GBP train ticket, I made it to Shepherds Well where my friend Barbara (Who was born in England, lived in WA and then moved back to the UK 3 years ago) picked me up from the station and took me back to the house she owns with her partner Tony. The house is lovely; open and bright with lots of space (the mandatory English stairs) with a library and a conservatory (which I also hope to have when I build my dream house with my lotto winnings!). I also got to meet her lovely fur babies Charlie and Abby :)  

Tags: dover-kent., ipswich, liverpool station, shepherds well, victoria station

 
 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.