Existing Member?

Another trip part 2 The amazing adventures of a lass from Belle Isle!!

getting lost in Zanzibar

TANZANIA | Saturday, 8 September 2007 | Views [766] | Comments [17]

Hi

Arrrived in Zanzibar this afternoon, staying in a small hotel called the Karibu Inn (welcome Inn)sharing with 2 others women, but it's a bed and on suite !! Went to a vegetarian restaurant for lunch which was yummy. Predominantly muslim here so no problem with food.

Amazingly not seen any big creepies got a few bites, but my potions for travel sickness and stomach seem to be working.

The rest of the group are nice in general just got rid of the lazy one !! But you know me not one to gossip!!

Going to the beach tommorrow to catch some rays, not really ahd chance yet.

Really important forgot to say visit to ngrongoro carter was amazing I had tears when we saw 3 male lions within an hour of arriving they were literally 100yds away.

Signing off now will write more in next few days

Tracey xx

Tags: The Great Outdoors

Comments

1

What happened to the tents? Hotels and ensuites that's not true backpacker travel styley. I need to see a pic of you with a rucksack and tent as am beginning to think you have booked into Champneys!!

You really shouldn't have fed the 'lazy one' to the lions - bit OTT after only a couple of days :0)

Sounds like you are having a great time. Ang sends her love and says she's very envious.

Max they've got some great shelves, paint and cleaning stuff on offer at Morro's but they're going fast so we'd better get our skates on. Thought we should get some just in case there's any need for a bit of quick DIY after the party at Trace's tomorrow night. Have filled another minibus so should be a good night. Do you think the fire-eater will be safe in the living room?!

Jo xx


  Jo Sav Sep 8, 2007 5:46 AM

2

It doesn't like me!!! Left you a message the other day albeit on the wrong page but I still left it!!
Sounds like you are having a whale of a time. Back packing in Hotles - yes I know you're sharing Not too sure about the room sharing (yes I know I'm a bit anal). Should have offered to share with two fella's, maybe next time. While you are feeding lions tigers and bears, I am going on a hen night and have just taken possession of a PINK SASH saying HEN on it. I can feel like one of my migrains on might have to stay in....... Take care of you (and the lions tigers and bears - oh my)!!
Tres xx(soon to be chinless wonder have asked for total body lift whilst I am under)!! OOOH Whilst I am off work I will be bloggin (boring) you all the time.

t

  Tressey Sep 8, 2007 8:10 AM

3

I'm really sorry Trace but I have to agree with other postings people have made!!!!Its a con. This trip of yours is not an adventure - its a doddle. EN-SUITE???? Give me a break!! You told me it was going to be a hole in the ground for ablutions and eating leaves and twigs. And us taxpayers are paying for it! You are a disgrace! (oops, slipped into Jeremy Kyle mode for a second) BEACH?? RAYS?? Dont you be coming back with a tan instead of beri-beri. You'll be telling me you've packed flip flops next. Now we know why you needed two rucksacks, for the lilo!! It makes my blood boil. I am really going to enjoy the party tonight Jo, sod the house, she has made fools of us all. Book another fire eater, you can never have too many. Have we decided which is to be the foam room yet, the hoses are in position. Mr Gere rang about ticket availability but I told him only a-listers could come. The bondage cellar is looking great. SEE YOU TONIGHT GIRLS!!

  Max Sep 8, 2007 7:09 PM

4

Hi, are you seeing these messages Tracey or is it just for us to comment on your adventures?

Where are the photos? Are you really out there or are you just writing these blogs from the safety of your bedroom with Wildlife on One?

AR going to Perth for a month in November... Honest! She's going to see Sally who is there for her gap year at Perth uni.

Tasleem

  tasleem Sep 9, 2007 6:12 AM

5

Hi

Where are you now?

There's mutiny at work, can't wait to tell you.

Tasleem

  tasleem Sep 12, 2007 6:22 AM

6

Hello Tasleem

I don't know whats happened to the great adventurer just lately, she's gone all quiet????

I for one can't wait to find out about the 'mutiny', so spill the beans seeing as Tracey is keeping us in suspense!!!

Maxine (someone you don't know!)

  Maxine Sep 12, 2007 9:41 PM

7

Hello Tasleem

I don't know whats happened to the great adventurer just lately, she's gone all quiet????

I for one can't wait to find out about the 'mutiny', so spill the beans seeing as Tracey is keeping us in suspense!!!

Maxine (someone you don't know!)

  Maxine Sep 12, 2007 9:42 PM

8

No she is not quiet she has been emailing Debby, I think manning this journal is too much like hard work for our Indiana!! Apparantley she has a tattoo!! What next, body piercings, mad hair dye? DO NOT THINK FOR ONE MINUTE MS EMMS, you will be socialising with me, with your pink hair and rainbow jacket, like Tracey from BB8. Ave it!! No Tracey will be like that advert with the two travellers with the bad jamaican accents, 'We've bin travelin for 15 ears'. NO dreads please Trace, there will be ticks and all sorts living in there!!
Have fun hun!!

  Tressey Sep 13, 2007 6:04 AM

9

Forgot to tell you. By the time you get back Debs and I will have PASSED our grade 5 TAP DANCING EXAM!! We have enrolled in the Adult Tap Dance acadamy, and can be in a show at the Playhouse at Christmas (just call us Ginger and Fred - Debs can be Fred)!!!
No fish nets and chair dancing this week!

  Tressey Sep 13, 2007 6:10 AM

10

Hang on a minute - I can´t take all this in. Tracey with a tattoo, Debs and Tress Grade 5 tap. What´s going on. Tress you kept that a secret - being proficient at the old Ginger and Fred stuff. What with that and Tracey and Max´s acting talents (yes Max I did say that in the same sentence - sorry!!), I can see the birth a whole new theatre company ;o)

So Tracey where are you now?

PS Am getting confused on here with two different blogs and comments on the same day. It doesn´t take much!!

Jo Sav xx

  Jo Sav Sep 15, 2007 6:21 PM

11

Hi
I know, ohh modest me hahahah It is a right laugh, and you sweat like a monster, so you know you've worked. Tap Step Ball Change tap tap!! Oh I tell you those fish net tights chafe after a while!! They do a show at the Playhouse at Christmas - I am sure I am going to be ill that day - so don't expect a ticket.
Where is that Tracey Emms!! Come on Tracey, update your blog and I'll update you on what happened last night in Gildersome.

  Tressey Sep 16, 2007 2:46 AM

12

Hi Tracey from Debs.

  Tressey (onbehalf of DEBBY) Sep 16, 2007 2:50 AM

13

Hi

Hope you're ok.

Tasleem

  tasleem Sep 16, 2007 4:26 AM

14

I also have been confused re these blogs - been looking at the other one and wondering where everyone had gone to! And yes Tracey does need to update this blog of her's - she's forced us to keep track of her, the least she can do is write something on it! Think that she's in Malawi so maybe she's got too much adventure on her hands at the mo - it says 3 nights at the beaches at Lake Malawi, she be sunning herself again.
Well Tracey, let us know that you're sat on a beach again.
Take care,
Tracy

  tracy b Sep 16, 2007 8:02 PM

15

Hello Everyone

I completely agree, we are spending HOURS adding to and perusing this blog and Tracey doesn't even have the decency to contribute. Its a disgrace. She obviously can't be bothered to get off her sun lounger and find a computer. I've heard that Africa is awash with Internet cafes but perhaps they're not en-suite!!!!! Bet she managed to find an Ambre Solaire retailer though!!! She is being a bit of a cheeky monkey and I for one won't stand for it. I say we have a mutiny girls, force her to respond!! And how can she not be impressed with Tresseys tap dancing achievments?? I am! Well done Tress!! Lets see what happens, she will know I am a little vexed now.
I don't need this level of worry at my age. I think I am goimng to have to go shopping to relax me.

Love to all (and Tracey I suppose!!!)

Xx

  Maxine Sep 16, 2007 8:46 PM

16

Tap dancing? Chapped legs? Fish nets?
Come back T, they've all gone mad next Max will say she's teetotal.
XX

  Miss Piggy Sep 17, 2007 10:36 PM

17

Hi Trace Tress has logged me on to her lap top. well what a week my poor sister has had her throat cut. yes she had an operation on her neck to remove a lymph node. Max, miss piggy if your interested we have the pictures to show you (Trace can we put pictures on as we have not had any evidence that you have left rawmarsh!). Martin Bland nearly fainted and if any of you see Paul bland he has a picture of it at its best. my poor dear sis. She better able to do tap next week. By the way we have now enrolled to do tap at the Northern school of dance as well. Broadway here we come... Oh and Tress had a BIG party that went went on to 2.00am it has to be the best party ever the music was old tunes and the food was ace. Trace hope you find your flip flop. I would have killed it had it have taken my jimmy choo's or UGG's. Well hope the rats have gone. Next time why not go round the world on Queen Mary 2? I heard tracey is called fozzy cos she does not shave.....

  Debby Sep 22, 2007 4:46 AM

About fozzy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Tanzania

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.