Existing Member?

Another trip part 2 The amazing adventures of a lass from Belle Isle!!

Fab, fantastic,flipping hot Fiji

FIJI | Friday, 26 October 2007 | Views [1200] | Comments [5]

Hi Guys

What can I say! Fiji is so beautiful! I love it, have been fantasising about opening a B&B!! Even though it is amazingly humid and not without annoying insects and frogs! Can you believe I removed a cockroach like insect from my bed screen last night with a tissue!!!

I have now reverted back to my normal attire, I decided it wasn't fair on the unsuspecting public.

I really can't describe how beautiful Fiji is and the people are so friendly. A young man offered me his mobile in the internet cafe the other day incase I wanted to stay next time I was in Fiji!! Unfortunately not yet as brave as Tress and declined!

I have stayed in some amazing places since I arrived here, whch is more than can be said for the transport!! Old, last legs, no thought for passengers, noisy!! best describe the buses!

I am going to Ovalau today on the ferry then back monday on a 12 min flight, hope the plane can manage my rucksack!! Will be visiting a local village and a volcano, may evn go snorkelling again!!

Met some nice people along the way and came 2nd in the Mango Bay Resort Trivia night !!

Next stop San Diego, hopefully as the Bush Fires are pretty scary.

Take care, hope you are feeling better Jo and Tress you are doing some work and not emailing your new beau in work time !!!

Loads of love

Tracey xxx

Tags: People

 

Comments

1

That was quick - thought you were still in Aussie. Sorry I've not posted for a while but still in awe at your antics - knickerless and just being so fearless - it's amazing. Can't imagine what you'll be like when you finally get back - think I might feel a bit scared of you!!! Still working hard here myself with the young and unruley of Sheffield - bless their little cottons! Bet the photos of Fiji are fab and I have to admit the B and B does sounds like a good idea - you'll have us lot as your first guests! You're not missing much here apart from the Christmas tack in the shops already - bah humbug!
Take care,
Tracy
xx

Oh, lets not forget you're missing The Tudors - historically sh** but oh my dear that Jonathan Rhys Myers is rather wonderful.

  tracy Oct 27, 2007 5:46 AM

2

Blooming heck, just got back from a week in Milan and you have done two countries. Have been reading the tales, the telling offs and the further telling offs, I have to say I agree with Max - POT/KETTLE/BLACK did spring to mind. I only hope I can rely on your Cath to cut your natty dreadlocks, laser the tatoo, take you shopping with knickers and tena lady's at the top of your list!! Fancy, I am still in shock prissy missy what will Mr P say? Can't believe it's nearly haloween, remember your panties when your flying!
Take care Debs and Chris

  debby Oct 29, 2007 3:49 AM

3

Hi there tracey
Just to let you know, still following your antics, all sounds so exciting. Just back from germany myself, so exhausting. You are so obviously much much younger than me.Is that why I can manage to keep my knickers on?
Take care.
Carole C

  Carole C Nov 2, 2007 1:39 AM

4

Hi Trace,

I'm still here too and following your travels. so pleased you are having all these amazing experiences. think the B&B sounds good and we would definitely come! Thanks for all your contact and best wishes. Had a great tiem but not the same without you.
Take care in San Diego.

Love you lots,
Lizzie

  Liz Ascham Nov 2, 2007 4:36 AM

5

Hellooooo
Hope you are having a lovely relaxing time in Fiji. Its quite sunny here today acually, and I didn't need my gloves on to walk to school!!!!

Autumn is well and truly here, leaves are all yellow and mostly on the lawn now! And its that lovely time of the year when all the sweet little children in the area put on fun costumes and masks and intimidate you into giving them sweeties at the door. I can tell you, there is nothing more scary than a four year old with a horror mask on AND an axe in his hand!! I get my own back on the parents though by giving them sweets with excessive e numbers and additives!! Well, why not?
Had a night out in Leeds last Friday with Lesley. A right good chinwag was had. Then she stayed over here, just like the good old days!!!

Not been up to much really, I am soooo boring now I am in my late twenties. Maybe going to pictures tonight to see Atonement. Think there's only me not seen it and then possibly for something to eat with Mick. Can hardly contain myself, the excitement of it all........
By the way Jo, lets get this theatre/variety show up and running. I have loads of costumes (well, two wigs and a hairy rat from Hallowe'en, but lets be positive) Not sure what show we could do with tap dancers and a hairy rat but I'm sure it would be a favourite on YouTube.......
Yes Tracey, as previoUsly posted, all the Xmas tat is in the shops, its great(!) WHO BUYS THOSE BLOODY CANDY CANES FROM BHS!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND FART MACHINES!!!!AND BOOBIE CUPS!!!!!!!!!! AND SIMPSONS 'ANYTHING'!!!!!!!!! AND LAVENDER DRAWER LINERS!!!!1!!! AND FLUFFY HANDCUFFS!!!!!!! AND WORST OF ALL.....YES.........THOSE PICKLED APRICOTS/PEACHES IN A TEN GALLON JAR!!!!!!! Same rubbish EVERY year. Ah well, better write my cards.
XxXxX

  Max Nov 3, 2007 1:23 AM

About fozzy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Fiji

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.