Existing Member?

Another trip part 2 The amazing adventures of a lass from Belle Isle!!

On the road

TANZANIA | Tuesday, 4 September 2007 | Views [494] | Comments [7]

Hi

In Arusha Tanzania, already fed the giraffes, held a snake and had a lesson in polygmy from a Masai!!!

The landscape is amazing but the poverty already gets you thinking about life and whats it all about?

Bit too serius  for  BLOG?

Max will be tuning off and going for the Asda version!!!

Well tent life is really fine, still wish I had a pillow and a matteress but apart from that its great

No encounters with anything yet, although last night spent the night next to a snake park!

Angela you would have been proud of my solo rent erecting skills.

The internet is quite problematic so unable to downlaod fotos at the moment, but hopefully in capetown.

Keep you posted Tracey xxxx

Tags: On the Road

Comments

1

Hello Lovely Nomad Lady

Giraffes and snakes?? You still in Rotherham then?? It sounds very exciting (and no, I'm not being sarky!!) I do NOT believe tent life is fine,unless of course it has en suite facilities and Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries in a little basket by the basin? I thought not! You are a braver woman than I thats for sure. Any creepy crawlie visitors yet?? There was a wood louse on my doormat this morning but I'm sure you will beat that......

Its great to hear what you are up to but I'm not sure the Masai are the ones to teach you the art of paper folding!!!!!!!!!

Love you lots
Maxine
ps. msg for Jo, got two for one air freshener at Morrisons yesterday. Get on down there!!

Xx

  Maxine Sep 4, 2007 11:21 PM

2

Go girl!! Glad you're finally on your way! If you've done all that in a day or so just think what you'll have done at the end! Survival expert or what. If there are creepy crawlies don't let them get you down -we survived the 'scorpian' in Pakistan and then other assorted nasties, including Z*********!!!!
Take care,
Tracy
xx

  tracy Sep 5, 2007 5:06 AM

3

Hi, am having trouble with controlling this site so fingers crossed this gets sent.

Sounds amazing so far, however, got a bit concerned on reading Masai, polygamy and erection in same posting. Are you sure a bit of cloth tent is enough of a barrier between you and the natural world? I screamed at a very large spider ( at least dinner plate size) on the curtains yesterday and it was hastily dealt with by Akbar. I screamed again today but it only turned out to be a bit of thread. You can never be too careful - scream first, deal later.

Tasleem

  tasleem Sep 5, 2007 6:01 AM

4

Hi Tracey

Sounds like you having an amazing time already. YOU HOLDING A SNAKE!! What's happening out there. Please don't tell me you're going Giraffe riding later?!

Still can't imagine you in a tent. Be good for the soul not so sure about the back though :0)

What's the food like? And the other travellers?

I am spending a few nights on a 'put you up' at Ang's. Does that count as camping? And I had to use buses to get around yesterday as there was a tube strike so I felt like I was doing my bit as a traveller!!

Take care. Just off to Morro's to grab those 2 for 1's. Thanks Max

lots of love

Jo xx

  Jo Sav Sep 5, 2007 7:01 PM

5

Where art thou..............????!!!!

  Maxine Sep 7, 2007 5:58 AM

6

augh Tracey it sounds absolutly fab, your an inspiration.... its a gotta do for my life list. keep us updated on your travels. I'm just showing Carole how to get on but you know carole and technology so i'll show her again.....

gill says hello and hopes your enjoyng yourself and totally relaxed...... can she come and join you please?

later
Denise

  Denise Sep 12, 2007 8:50 PM

7

I must say that reading other people's entries are just as much fun as your entries Trace!

Will be logging on daily from now on!
xxxxx

  Liz Ascham Sep 22, 2007 5:09 AM

About fozzy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Tanzania

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.