Existing Member?

Another trip part 2 The amazing adventures of a lass from Belle Isle!!

Working in Hong Kong!!!

HONG KONG | Tuesday, 26 August 2008 | Views [937] | Comments [15]

I have just written a really good story and lost it!!! So this may not be as good;) 

Well yesterday was my first day at Happy Valley Pre school!!! next to the race course if any one is a racing fan/gambler!!

I have completed a months curriculum planning for 4-6 year olds!! Anyone who knows me will realise that I have not done that for a while! But I think I blagged it! Now all I need to do is plan for my first week with 17 children! Is making biscuits, painting and counting 1-10 oh! and a bit of singing thrown in really work!! Had my first late night today 5.15!!!! Having said that I start at 8 which is way early for me at home I was just in the gym!!(I start that tommorow!)

Exciting non work news is I signed for a studio tonight! with roof terrace only for 6 mths then hope to get somwhere bigger but I am looking ofrward to tea on the terrace and a bit of sunbathing, you wouldnt think there had been a typhon at all now, but the heat is playing havoc with my hair Jo F suggested a perm but those who know me in the 80's will appreciate why that is not a good idea;)

Have a trip to IKEA planned to kit the flat out! yes you heard right, they can always be relied on, priority is a toaster and cooker missing taost and peanut butter! 

Socially I am off to a french restaurant on thursday and on a junk at the weekend!! Very cosmopolitan, but after the meal I had last weekend I cant wait, I had a discusting veg and mushroom rice roll(no veg and it did not resemble rice the gloop!)

All in all having a great time and dont feel so far away as I can talk to people easy and the emails.

Keep the comments coming guys will add more photos next week

LOL

Tracey xxxx

Tags: real life!!!

Comments

1

Perm?????Hahahahahahahhahahaha (speaking as one who DID know you in the Eighties and is still in therapy as a result.....) Now where are those photos......???

  Maximus Aug 26, 2008 11:28 PM

2

Perm?????Hahahahahahahhahahaha (speaking as one who DID know you in the Eighties and is still in therapy as a result.....) Now where are those photos......???

  Maximus Aug 27, 2008 12:20 AM

3

Max if Tracey's having a perm we'll have to make her wear a hat when we go out there. I'm not walking round with a Deidre lookalikee!!

Great news on the studio Trace, well done. You'll be in a penthouse by the time you have visitors. Can't believe IKEA is booming out there too.

Life isn't worth living without a toaster! From looking at you photos looks like you're only method of cooking is a microwave?

Love Jo xx







  Jo Sav Aug 27, 2008 3:01 AM

4

I'm back! Sorry for my absence as been in London for a few days visiting Helena.
Not sure I can compete with Max and Jo's comments! I've really enjoyed reading them! Can we still have a blog even if Trace is in the country?!!! Have you too ever thought of writing for a living?!!!
Great photos Trace. Your place looks lovely, if a bit cosy! I can see why you might need to move out! Great news about your new place.
Jo came to collect chair yesterday. Lovely to see you Jo and hope we can get together with other Jo at some point. We'll take a picture of you with us Trace!
Anyway, keep writing and keeping us entertained Max and Jo!!!!
Love Lizzie

  Lizzie Aug 29, 2008 9:31 PM

5

Hello to you all! Just been chatting Tracey on skype (i'm on study leave from work for a day, erm not much studying being done though!) and she happened to mention that she had started the blog again but she'd forgotten to email me to tell me. Cheek!!! Well she seems to getting herself sorted but to be honest i'm not totally convinced that she's not still in Rawmarsh and just decided to lock herself in her room for a few months!
Love Tracy (B not E!)

  Tracy B Aug 29, 2008 11:51 PM

6

I'm back! Sorry for my absence as been in London for a few days visiting Helena.
Not sure I can compete with Max and Jo's comments! I've really enjoyed reading them! Can we still have a blog even if Trace is in the country?!!! Have you too ever thought of writing for a living?!!!
Great photos Trace. Your place looks lovely, if a bit cosy! I can see why you might need to move out! Great news about your new place.
Jo came to collect chair yesterday. Lovely to see you Jo and hope we can get together with other Jo at some point. We'll take a picture of you with us Trace!
Anyway, keep writing and keeping us entertained Max and Jo!!!!
Love Lizzie

  Lizzie Aug 29, 2008 11:51 PM

7

Hi Trace
If it makes you feel any better your chair which we received yesterday thanks to Jo Sav furniture removals is now living a similar life to you, in a room with lots of other furniture from three other rooms!!!! Very comfortable though so grateful for the loan of, the bejous lifestyle must be catching!! Great that you are settling in and starting to do some work, no, baking biscuits, counting and singing does not sound like work!! Does that sound like I'm jealous?? Glad you have found somewhere new to live, the roof terrace sounds fab. Will keep in touch and look forward to the next installments of the Jo and Max adventures!!

Love Tracie and Lynne xx

  Tracie and Lynne Aug 30, 2008 6:42 AM

8

Nice to see that some more bloggers are coming on board. Yay!! Glad some of you enjoy mine and Jo Savs writing/rambling. If you ever wondered why Fozzie went to HK, it was to escape us two!! I have actually been up to Ikea today (different branch to you Tracey I would think) and bought a BIG mirror for bedroom. Just had it decorated by the quickest decorator on record....8am-3pm and he did 2 coats on ceiling, 2 coats on walls, glossed woodwork(not surehow many coats but would guess 2 AND glossed 4 doors!!!! And he had a lunch break, how good is that?? Or am I getting excited over nothing??? I just know that if I'd been doing it, I would still be looking for dust sheets and a stick without mud/leaves on it to stir t'paint. (I hope this installment of blog is entertaining enough for you all???? Hello? Helllooooo?? HELLLLLLOOOOO!!!!! WAKE UP!!! How rude, Im doing me best and you all nod off.) Well please yourselves, Im not bothered, Ive got a new mirror so there.
ps forgot about you Trace, hope you're ok xxx

  Maximus Aug 31, 2008 12:34 AM

9

Why is it bloomin' posting stuff twice???????

  Maximus Aug 31, 2008 1:28 AM

10

Maxine, your decorator sounds a bloody marvel. Will he come to the wilds of Rotherham do you reckon? We'll be needed one soon to paint me brand new kitchen - I'm too lazy to do it and my husband hasn't got a clue!
As for Tracey, she's far too busy with her new life and friends to take any notice of what goes on in this blog!

  Tracy B Aug 31, 2008 11:16 PM

11

Tracy B chatting to friends on Skype CANNOT me thinks be justified as study leave! ;0) Nice to see you're back on here.

Hi Lizzie was lovely to see you the other day. Hello Tracie and Lynne :0)

Max trust you to have to hog the blog by posting everything twice. I'm guessing the new big bedroom mirror is so you can admire you're new svelt figure after all your hard work. Well done you. Yes you're bum does look small in that!! Is the decorators name Paul Daniels??!!

I was flicking through the Freeview channels the other night and came across a shopping channel doing quite a line in wigs and hair pieces. Tracey maybe this is the solution to your HK bad hair days!! I'll buy you one myself if it stops you having a perm.

By the way am just about to write a Mary Whitehouse stylee letter to the weather forecasters. How dare they tell me it was going to be a hot sunny weekend with temperatures of 73 degrees. Ok yesterday was warm but not exactly 'a hot sunny day'. And what did this morning bring - fog followed by rain and now the fog is descending again. I'm livid I tell you - LIVID!!
Am thinking of setting up my own REAL weather channel along with a programme which only reports good news. Might have to book in for a blue rinse next week :0)

Jo Sav xx

  Jo Sav Sep 1, 2008 4:12 AM

12

Where is everyone?? Tracey are you still in Hong Kong??!! I'm having major broadband probs so having spent 3 hours on the phone trying to speak to a real person I have had to revert back to dial up and what do I find when I finally manage to get logged on. NOTHING; NADA; ZILCH!! I'm off to sulk...........

  Jo Sav Sep 4, 2008 5:03 AM

13

Don't worry Jo, Im here. Had a crap week or two so not been in the mood for blogging. I know just where you are coming from with broadband customer services....its a mnightmare isn't it....ours went on for weeks when we changed provider. Anyway, back to the twaddle that Im famous for, just baked again, an Almond and Hazelnut Gateau (is that spelt reet????). Was dead easy, hope its edible. And I am kicking myself because I have just agreed to do a babysit tonight and its til 2.30am, and I really don't want to go....And I also don't want to go out for school pick ups at 3.15 and get piss wet through in this chuffing rain. And I don't want to finish the jobs that I started this morning...in fact I don't want to do anything. I am getting soooo lazy. This is such a boring piece I don't know why I bothered. Sorry.

  Maximus Sep 5, 2008 10:47 PM

14

Hi Max was beginning to feel lonely. Nice to have you back. I'm still on Dial-up, surprise surprise!! What's with all this baking? Are you taking over from Ms Emms? Sounds scrummy. Don't envy you the babysitting.

Where has everyone gone? One things for sure you're not all out enjoying the sun. If it rains anymore I'm going to scream. Keep having a funny sensation in my feet. Think it's the webs developing between my toes ;0)

Do you think Tracey is really in Hong Kong? I reckon she's holed up in her attic with chocolate and Richard Gere dvd's or if she is out there the kids have tied her up and locked her in a cupboard.

Jo Sav

  Jo Sav Sep 6, 2008 10:53 PM

15

Hi girls,

Just catching up with your news! Sorry I've been away from the blog for a bit although I do email Trace most days at the moment. Stuff re house etc.
Sorry to hear you have had a crap couple of weeks Max. Hope things improving.
The weather is pretty miserable. Our river got very full again but no where near like last year. Thank goodness they did a lot of work removing earth, tress etc to make more room for rising water! Sun is out now and we are going to go to an open garden for tea and cake....oh and to look at the garden!!!!

Take care,
Love Lizzie

  Lizzie Sep 7, 2008 9:45 PM

About fozzy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Hong Kong

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.