Existing Member?

Field Notes Close to home or in a far away jungle, there is always something marvelous to see.

Slut!

USA | Sunday, 27 September 2009 | Views [362]

Breakfast, Ding Darling NWR

Breakfast, Ding Darling NWR

I consider myself an enthusiastic amateur when it comes to photography.  National Geographic isn’t going to offer me a job any time soon.  And I don’t think I would want to work that hard.  I photograph whatever moves me at the time, sometimes birds, sometimes flowers or landscapes or people.

“Going digital” is like learning photography all over again.  It is nice to be able to take photos without the cost of developing and printing but the cost of equipment and software can be overwhelming.  Since I am not really computer literate I still work as if I am using film.  I make my adjustments with the camera, not on the computer.  Connie does the downloading and editing but it is minimal, mostly just cropping, sharpening and adjusting the contrast.  What I see is pretty much what I get.

When people (who obviously don’t know any better) ask why I don't sell my photos I explain if you are a woman who sleeps with a lot of men because you like sex you are a slut.  If you do if for money you’re a whore.  I am a photographic slut.  I don’t sell my work but I will give my photos away.  My other reason is if I sold them it would be like work . . . and I am retired!

So if you see anything you like on this site, feel free to take it.

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.