Existing Member?

The Magical China Trip 2012

A Day of Wonder - The Journey Continues

USA | Friday, 14 September 2012 | Views [1012]

(To appreciate the wonder, you should read the "Back Story" and the Shanghai and Nanjing "wish lists.")

Yesterday was another completely magical day for me.  On my Nanjing wish list I had voiced the desire to go to Tung-Shan where in 1935 my father observed the testing of trucks for the Chinese Minister of Finance.  I received a response from Gloria that her father's family is from Tung-Shan and her grandmother still lives there!  She very kindly invited me to go to Tung-Shan with her!  What a blessing!
I am in Olympia, WA, right now, visiting my son Daen's grandmother, who is like a mother to me.  Yesterday, not only did I hear from Gloria about Tung-Shan, but I went to lunch with a lovely woman (my age) who teaches Sociology at Evergreen State University here in Olympia.  I had met her long distance via a mutual friend about 5 years ago when she was looking for an astrologer and my friend recommended me.  Anyway, I let Gilda know I was going to be in the area and we set a lunch date to meet in person.  We had a really fun time chatting - I talked about Daddy; she talked about her project "Swinging with No Hands" which is a film project to give voice to prisoners (there's more to it, but I don't remember all the details).  There is a really strong connection between us, so, we were talking fast and furious when the waitress in the restaurant (a Chinese buffet) brought us our fortune cookies, but no bill.  She said the woman in the booth next to us had paid for our meal!  We were both just stunned.  We thanked the woman and she replied, "God has been good to me.  Merry Christmas!"  It was a random act of kindness that touched not only our hearts, but will touch others as it goes out from us.

Tags: d. f. myers, nanjing, tung-shan

 
 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.