Existing Member?

To Infinity and Beyond. "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

At Ninoy Aquino Terminal 3.

PHILIPPINES | Wednesday, 6 August 2008 | Views [1120]

Just getting settled on this bench I'm solely occupying as of the moment at the check-in lobby of Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 3. It's my first time here, and it's good to finally enjoy the fruits of taxpayers’ money. The place looks nice; the main departure area reminds me of Narita International Airport with its spacious lobby and near similar floor plan/layout—well, at least as far as I remember it. It's huge—more space to walk around than the other three terminals here in Manila—but not as challenging to navigate as Changi International Airport in Singapore (goodness, reminds me of walking for 45 minutes non-stop upon arrival till I reached the exit gate to catch my next connecting flight, and I barely made it to the closing!). I was too timid to take out my camera; sorry I was still sleepy but I'll try to get shots next time. I also noticed the price of the usual breakfast I have prior to departure; it increased by 20% since the last time I had it in March. After deplaning in Davao City and meeting our regional team and colleagues, I'll be off to North Cotabato. I'll be back in a few days, hopefully unscathed by anything.

Tags: airport, in transit, manila, musings, philippines

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Philippines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.