Existing Member?

Mustang. A Trek to the Kingdom of Lo A bunch of friends decided to explore the remote kingdom of Lo, and climbing the Pisang Peak in Nepal in October 2010. And.. this journal will record our adventures :))

Lo Manthang.

NEPAL | Sunday, 10 October 2010 | Views [1027] | Comments [1]


While I struggle with a very slow connection to upload some pics into this journal, Michela has set her mind to buy one of the traditional, beautiful dresses from here. She looks beautiful in it, so let's buy it!

Lo Manthang is the capital of the Kingdom of Lo, and an important center for art and religion. There are three temples, one more ancient than the other. All have important internal decorations, that are being restored with the help of the Hymalaian foundation. The restorer is an italian from Rome, Luigi Fieni, and when we mention that we know him everyone smiles.

I missed a bumpy trip to the caves some miles north of here, as I was a bit sick I did not join. We eventually also decided that it was too long to reach the border with China, and too windy (yes here is always windy). So we skipped that part.

But we did not skip the visit to His Majesty the King of Mustang. He lives in the only 3 stories building in town, just in front of the main square. His steps were high and left us a bit breathless! We offered a ritual white scarf, that he accepted and put around our necks. And then we drank together orange juice, and talk a bit. He's a nice old man of 78, that according to his attache' starts not to remember everything.Even kings get old, apparently...

Tags: king, mustang, nepal, trekking

Comments

1

shopping shopping shopping :D Ah Francesca imagino come è bello il posto :) Voglio vedere le foto :)
Salutiii
Milena

  Milena Oct 21, 2010 2:31 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.