Existing Member?

the trip

Panajachel too San Pedro

GUATEMALA | Saturday, 27 June 2009 | Views [882]

The ride on the chicken bus (cheap bus) is madness. Its only a few quid but they drive like maniacs, there were moments i thought we roll over the cliff, infact the next day we saw one that crashed on the same route as us in the paper.

Panajachel is pretty touristy, we only stayed a day. Stupidly once again i met this english guy, really nice guy. It ended up somehow me and him alone at some point in the evening and pretty drunk when he goes off and chats to some bloke, he comes back over and says would i come with him for 10 minutes to score some coke, so the idiot i am i say yeah sure and we end up in some dark backstreet and this guy leaves us both standing there like lemons, i was getting pretty twitchy about the whole situation when someone struts by, shoulder barges the both of us and takes his top off while stairing us down, I had resigned myself to the fact we were going to be jacked any minute when a car was parked behind a wall lights on, when out of nowhere this dealer shows up all smiles and that was that. Idiot!

Next day we moved on to San Pedro, its the celebration of Saint Pedro here, so more rockets going off.

I decided to swim out really far and nearly passed out mid way, Thanx to Anna (this english girl we met) i was able to rest on her shoulders a minute to sort my head out, freaked me right out!

People went to buy some mushrooms today (think you{re getting the picture of the place) so i decided to stay in.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Guatemala

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.