Existing Member?

the trip

Antigua too Monterico

GUATEMALA | Friday, 17 July 2009 | Views [619]

Antigua is a quint little town but is full of rich americans. Its very nice but nothing like the Guatamala we had seen so far.

However, going out there was fun, as it normally is where there is a lot of money. I wont bore anyone reading with yet another night out on the lash where beer is so cheap we could drink ourselves into oblivion, im sure you can picture such a scene.

Decided to get a chicken bus to Monterico, it was about 5 changes but saved us a lot of money.

Now Aussies (and im generalising here im sure) seem to love the great outdoors more than most. it makes me laugh how if there is a wall to climb, something to jump off, sharks to swim with (as pat did) or some other stupid idea, they are all for it. I personally would rather find the nearest pub, as i have done most times they atempt scuicide. On this occasion we found the biggest bloody waves i ever seen, which doesnt say much, but they were between 7 and 9 foot high, and guess who were first to run in and give it a go? yes, the two aussies. Watching Pat get slammed and james thrown around is great fun, when someone warns me about how dangerous something is i generally steer clear.

Nice place and very calm, good place to relax, too many couples though.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Guatemala

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.