Existing Member?

the trip

Tulum too Belize/Kaye Kaulker and San Agnasio

BELIZE | Wednesday, 24 June 2009 | Views [870]

Tulum turned out to be a great time, we met some cool people and had alot of laughs. Saw some more mayan ruins and got lots of beachs. I stupidly let myself dehydrate and after one heavy night out drinking i passout a few times, thanx to Jim he got me in bed and full of water.

Enering Belize was a shameful relief to see everything in engish. Belize was part of Britain until the early 80's, the queen is on the money and everything. In the 17th century Britih pirates robbed and looted the spanish ships across the Belize coast line, so that was pretty cool to sail across. I also found out that once a week the British RAF fly to London and if you are a Brit then you can hop on and get a free lift. Incase anyone is thinking of a trip there.

The ride through Belize was an eye opener, its very poor, people living in sheds and shacks and that. After arriving in Belize city (which is dangerous, with guys with machine guns on the road sides to keep the peace) we got a boat over to Kaye Kaulker, its so nice there on the caribean islands, although there were storms the whole time so didnt get up to much. Tried lobser and we all loved it.

We have been crossing paths with people all along the way and 8 of us travelled to San Agnasio on the Guatamalan boarder. We had so much fun together.

If you like Regae and weed you´ll really enjoy this place. Also the rice and beans are awesome.

 

 

Travel Answers about Belize

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.