Existing Member?

the trip

Entering Mexico, Cancun and Isla Mujeres

MEXICO | Thursday, 11 June 2009 | Views [1965]

Free booze on the plane, this kinda set the pace for this trip thus far, and we all needed a rest, which we finally got last night.

Did a stop in mexico city which is huge, saw a crazy protest in the airport and then got our connecting flight. Was the most terbulance i´ve ever experianced.

Cancun seems lovely on arriving, its very flash in the tourist part and theres alot of money, its full of yanks. Then we rolled into down town and things got very different indeed. I wouldn´t say slum, but its the poorest place i´ve been to. Stayed in this hostel and decided on going out in town.

We dont speak any Spanish, we had no guide book, we ha no clue where we were, but looked for action, and for the next two days got ripped off something terrible. We did do a night in the flash bit which was ok, but on one perticular rip off taxi ride we asked to take us to where the fun is and we ended up in this dark place with loads of stray dogs chasing and barking at the car, and then we rolled up at what we assumed was a brothel, and all these dodgy blokes sitting around. Made the guy take us back home, and that was that for Cancun

Next day we lugged our stuff in the heat to Isla Mujeres, i think we found heaven! We only intended on staying a day and it turned into 5. This hostel called the pocana is the coolest place i´ve ever seen, it has its beach out the back, they have a bar on the beach which turns into a party every night, live music every night, the people were amazing, i even got a massage there and played beach volley ball, and women out numbered men! haha We didn´t want to leave but our bodys couldn´t take any more booze so we headed to playa del carmen sadly.

One stupid thing did happen to me though, it all started with james and his bloody drinking games, which even he regreted the next day, i found him and pat passed out on the beach that night. There was loads of us sat around playing and then this girl leans over the game so we cant play. Now i was drunk, and i know what you all think of me, but every one was getting pissed off, so i very lightly... slapped her butt, bad i know, sorry mum, but she through sand in my eyes. I dont know if many people have experiance the pain and the temperary blindness, but i was in a bad was for around half an hour. But sure enough the night rolled on, danced our arse´s off, and i carried pat to bed.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.