Existing Member?

dannygoesdiving This is a blog & photo journal of the trips that I (Danny) and Jo (wifey) have taken over the past few years.

A day out Kayaking

TURKS & CAICOS ISLANDS | Monday, 21 May 2007 | Views [811]

Kayaking is all about focus and hard work !

Kayaking is all about focus and hard work !

Myself, Jo, Eric and Liz hired a kayak each (no argueing over paddling that way) and headed over to the mangroves, tide was high so we could progress through them easily.  We saw a few small turtles, but sadely no lemon sharks ( a popular place for them, great fun though.  We then headed onto Little Water Cay (also known as Iguana Island), where we landed and walked along the national trust trail to see the endemic iguanas that live here (dogs and cats have eliminated them from the other Cays).  We jumped over the fenced off track and headed through the undergrowth to the other side of the Cay where there was a beautiful secluded beach,we relaxed for a while, disturbed only by Iguanas walking along the beach and the odd pelican, then headed back to the kayaks and headed back to Provo.

I was the only one to wear a t-shirt during the blazing hear (smug mode), so I slept very well that night - the same cannot be said for those who got very sunburnt !

Photos of the day are in the photo gallery - T&C 2007 - Providenciales

Tags: Sightseeing

 

About dannygoesdiving


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Turks & Caicos Islands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.