Existing Member?

asia-ash

Lazy days

CAMBODIA | Friday, 29 February 2008 | Views [583]

We stayed at Cloud nine for four days and nights. We did very little during this time but eat, drink, relax, read and swim. We did go to a bonfire on the beach but it was pretty lame. We saw a fire right at the other end of the beach one night and the next day set off to explore but there was nothing to see, it had either already been cleaned up or it was a controlled burn.

We attempted to walk around to another beach over the rocks but didn't quite get there. We did go out for an excellent meal at Sokha beach resort which was one beach along. Its a five star resort and was pristine but was quite empty and just didn't seem to have the 'life' or atmosphere the other beaches did. The restaurant though was right over the water and had so much to offer for still really cheap prices.

After these days of relaxation we decided to go on a boat trip to a nearby island and stay overnight. The island we stayed on, Bamboo Island only has 30 inhabitants and about 12 bungalows for guests. It has 4 places to eat and drink and the power goes out at about 9:30pm.

We spent two nights here. On the first we stayed at a place that only had the one bungalow to rent and we found later that the family actually slept in it but were letting it out to us. It was all a bit strange and we were a bit isolated from everyone. That night we had a big storm and we were both just hoping that the roof wouldn't leak, it didn't.

For our next night we decided to move up the beach more to a bungalow that wasn't just made out of bark but actual wood.

There was not much to do on the island but swim and read. It was nice but two nights was long enough. We attempted snorkelling but the sky was overcast and the goggles were all scratched. I did see a few colourful fish but it was average.

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

About da_misfit


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.