Existing Member?

crustyadventures Random travel thoughts from WorldNomad's Community Manager

The Bean's first...

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 9 July 2006 | Views [1991]

The Bean's first... well everything practically! she'll remember none of it, so let's make a list.

* FLIGHT:: this long haul flight saw the Bean very well behaved. she slept through takeoff and landing between Singapore and London and about 10 of the twelve hours in between. It bodes well.

* SUMMER DAYS :: Born in the middle of Autumn in Sydney, the days had turned crispy, sharp and short by the time she emerged from hospital. Now, by contrast, they've been unseasonally hot (OAPs have been issued health warnings) & JC Bean's sweated out a few hours in the car seat in a singlet and nappy. They're also so incredibly l-o-n-g. A new day almost starts before the last one's stopped.

* FOREIGN COUNTRIES :: Already clocked up two - England and Wales. Not bad for 3 months. But do you think she notices the difference? Does my milk taste different? Possibly even better?!! Apart from generally awful coffee, the food's been great. thanks to Marks & Sparks Motorway shop - all natural fresh food to go - hardly a splattering of grease or E numbers was consumed on the drive down to the West Country. And with Tescos and Waitrose stocking so much organic food, i can't believe that England (!?) is providing gastronomic surprises.

* CUDDLE WITH GRANNY GRIM & MIKE :: She must know it's the GP's and the Bean offered up her best smiles for the first three days. Mike's convinced that it's actually a permanant state.

Tags: family

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.