Existing Member?

Our Travels- World tour A Little trip around the world !! yes it really is happening

Leaving Toronto

CANADA | Monday, 25 August 2008 | Views [919] | Comments [3]

We are leaving Toronto today, time has gone quickly again. We went up the CN tower yesterday, which was really cool, we went all the way to the top :O). After this we went to the Rodgers center (Sky Dome), which is right next door and we watched our first game of baseball. Toronto Blue Jays versus Boston Red Socks.

Baseball is very similar to rounders, same principle, just with a few more rules, that are beyond me. We got at the stadium at 11 to get our seats early and get our free Blue Jays Bag, WOW. We had a look around and it is quite cool, but didn't have as much stuff as I had expected, although it is really family orientated which is nice so no drunken brawls after the match.

The game is broken down into inning and there is usually nine, but as the game was a draw, it went to the 11th. This meant we didn't leave the stadium until 4.50. Therefore we where there for almost 6 hours. The match finally ended with the Red socks winning 6 to 5.

It was pretty good, but a bit odd at times, with entire families getting up to dance and sing and loads of other weird stuff that isn't quite the norm for a reserved English couple who sat there and watched!

Both of us have killer blisters and are tired, we have crammed in so much in such a short time.  Also we have completely blown our budget !!!!  Our backpacks are way to heavy, we have packed too much and we are both debating what we can dump.

Also most of you will fine this very funny, the straighteners I have lovingly carried from England do not work over here, even with a converter because the power supply isn't strong enough so I have had almost two weeks with curly, awful, horrid, non-straight hair :O(

On our way to Niagara today.

Lou and Col x

 

Comments

1

When are you uploading some more photo's?

  Tony Aug 26, 2008 4:08 AM

2

Hi Colin and Loiusa, bring me back some purple ice cream.....
Hope all ok, dont unload your backpack as you will get stronger! if you start unloading you will find after a bit of time the only thing you have in the rucksack is a useless hair straightener.
Roland

  Roland Aug 27, 2008 10:25 PM

3

Isn't that CN Tower amazing. I (Brian) remember stepping out of the lift at the very top and nearly having heart failure when I realised the floor was glass (heights not being my thing). I did a tour of the Skydome but didn't see a game. Would have been a great experience.

Robyn had same experience with hairdryer not working in USA because of lower strength power supply, so bought a cheap local one that is of no use anywhere else in the world that we have been!

  Brian and Robyn Sep 1, 2008 9:49 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.