Existing Member?

Our Travels- World tour A Little trip around the world !! yes it really is happening

Canada

CANADA | Saturday, 23 August 2008 | Views [433]

I have loved Montreal and Ottawa.

Montreal for all the old fashion houses with there steps up to the first floor and the different colour paintwork that matched the tiles on the roof. Also loved China town in Montreal saw loads of stuff and eat in a fab restaurant. Meet a rowing team of lads that where nice from PEI in Canada and learnt a lot about the difference between England and Canada from them.

Ottawa is fantastic for all its old building the parliament area is beautiful and the city itself is beautiful. The Bytown section with the working lock leading to the river is really lovely. Spent two fab days here. Also the hostel we stayed in was fantastic, meet loads of lovely people including Manilo, Alex and Ben also from England. Real hippie feel about the place. Also people from the hostel said hi while we where walking around, it was weird saying hi to people in a city thousands of miles from home.

Toronto is very different, much larger city with no architecture other than rather nasty buildings. However there are fab billboards etc like Piccadilly in London, although here they are near a square and there are load of tables and chairs and people just sit and watch them which is a bit werid. Got Two more days here intend to go to the superbowl and watch some baseball and go to the CNN tower.

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.