Existing Member?

Our Travels- World tour A Little trip around the world !! yes it really is happening

Mexico Continued

MEXICO | Friday, 26 September 2008 | Views [741] | Comments [1]

In Mexico, it is beautiful, amazing old architecture. We have spent a day looking round the city and went to the black market which was an eye opener, we got a bit lost, but we made it back OK. There are so many beautiful, churches here in the city. 

Yesterday we went on a trip to Teotihuacan, which are pyramids outside the city, the third largest in the world, Col and I climbed the highest, but the altitude made it really difficult, but we did it.  The trip also took us to some ruins in the city and to the Mexican equivalent to Lourdes, where a mexican man saw the virgin Mary and has vision etc.  We saw the poncho he was wearing which has the virgin imprinted upon it, even though it has no organic colour and it still looks clear even though it is over 300 years old.  It was probably our best day so far, i got burnt though.  Also we went to a shop during the trip, where they gave us different types of tequila, we had three different sorts, all very different 1 only 24 hours of fermentation very nice, the next almond and honey, a bit stronger and the last blew my socks off, had a smokey taste to it,  have to confess didn't like it too much.  We also got shown how they make lots of different products out of the cactus, paper, fibres for clothes and rugs. We also saw which was really cool how they dyed the fibres with common plants and lime.  Plants that we have in our garden.  Also we saw how they make carvings out of local types of stone, all very beautiful.  Also had a lovely buffet and tried real Mexican food, including a local dish which is Mole a chocolate and chile sauce.

Today we have looked around the city a bit more, we went to the posher side of Mexico, where I brought a pair of jeans for 15 pounds, although they are far to long and I will have to turn them up.  We intended to go to a Museum, but then it poured hard so we have put that off until tomorrow. 

We have completely changed our itinerary in Mexico, we have spent 4 nights in Mexico city, we are then travelling to Puebla tomorrow where we will spend 2 nights.  We then intend to go to Oaxaca for 2 nights follow by Palenque for 2 nights.  Palenque is where the ruin are in the jungle, cant wait to see this.  Then back to the itinerary with Merida and then Cancun.

Comments

1

Sounds amazing, can't wait to get there!

  nomad_kiwis Sep 27, 2008 1:43 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.