Existing Member?

Our Travels- World tour A Little trip around the world !! yes it really is happening

Mexico City

MEXICO | Wednesday, 24 September 2008 | Views [427]

Arrived in Mexico yesterday , we had to leave Los Angeles at 6 in the morning to get the flight to Mexico City - First flight was to Dallas as they did not do a direct flight then off the first plane at Dallas Airport for half an hour then on another plane to Mexico. Flying into Mexico over all the millions of houses was interesting but we made it . First country we have landed in where we didnt know the languague !! We did ok got a taxi to the hostel for about $173 which is about 10 pounds . Although the taxi driver did drop us off at the wrong one  !it turned out our hostel was just around the corner.. We are staying in the Mexico City Hostel which is very good , free internet, clean bedding,nice place all round . First night here i was starving so we asked where we could get something to eat and they told us that there was somewhere around the corner which we could get food all night . We got there and everyone else was Mexican, We managed to get something to eat and it was very nice and only cost 5 pounds for both of us . We slept in the next morning , outside the hostel at about 11am there were a lot of noise , it turned out that there was a protest under way, not sure what about but there were truck loads of Riot Police everywhere. All turned out ok thou .. Pics to follow . we are going on a trip tomorrow to teotihuacan.   

 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.