Existing Member?

Our Travels- World tour A Little trip around the world !! yes it really is happening

Niagara Falls

CANADA | Friday, 29 August 2008 | Views [417] | Comments [2]

The falls are amazing, spectacular.


We have been in Niagara for three days now and have done loads, Niagara itself is a bit like Blackpool, bright lights and amusements. Just more off it. There is so much to do here, we could spend another week here with ease. Yesterday we went to the butterfly conservatory and botanical gardens, followed by a white water walk which is a walk on a rickety bridge along side a level 6 white water rapids, both fantastic.


Last night we watched fireworks over the falls an amazing display, with the falls all light up by multi coloured lights. It was a great show.

Today we intend to go and do the Maid in the mist and the walk behind the falls. Maybe followed by an ice cream.

Leaving early tomorrow , we intend to get the bus over the falls to Buffalo and then catch the Mega bus to New York, which should be about an 11 hour bus ride. This means we are leaving Canada, I can't believe we have been here only 2 weeks, its seems like we have been here ages as we have done so much and seen so much already, can't wait for the rest of the trip.

Col and Lou x

Comments

1

Brings back memories of my (Brian) visit to the falls in 1993. It was April during the thaw so very cold and few other tourists about. I did walk behind the falls. Agree the town is like Blackpool, seemed very strange alongside the majesty of nature!

  Brian and Robyn Sep 1, 2008 9:43 AM

2

Hi you two. Got your email about bus time. Yep, we are both well and 5PM on 26 December is now on my computer calendar reminders. Enjoy the Big Apple. Hope its cooler than the 40 degrees we experienced there in January 06!

  Brian and Robyn Sep 1, 2008 9:58 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.