Existing Member?

Europe 2012

Florence

ITALY | Friday, 13 July 2012 | Views [419]

Made it to Florence easily this morning for yet another super hot day. Checked into our hostel which apparently was designed for people 9ft or taller, the ceilings are so high!  Very nice place and we appear to be the only people staying here; we are absolutely fine with this minus the fact that we cannot watch the O.C. with English subtitles :( oh well. 
We roamed the streets of Florence for awhile ending up at the 1.5hour line wait for the Statue of David that was actually quite an amazing piece of art! Very impressive. There were other random exhibitions in the area including one piece that we all enjoyed a lot called "Ruth"... It was literally a red headed little girl drawing a picture for a half an hour displayed on a LCD projector. You never actually got to see what she is drawing, huge disappointment. Very frustrating but the museum had free WCs and A/C. Delightful. After the statue we ventured to see the Duomo but the line was far too large for us to wait so we continued our walk to the Ponte Vecchio bridge where we bought some yummy gelato and started our walk back to our hostel. Supper was bought from a Donair shop that just doesn't make any sense. I wanted some italian pasta but lost the battle. Tonight we are just hanging out in our abandoned hostel watching some italian tele... Good times! Tomorrow Pisa and Rome!

Tags: duomo, florence, statue of david

About christie


Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.