Existing Member?

Europe 2012

An amazing day!

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 16 June 2012 | Views [500]

Today was quite eventful and involved so much walking.

After an amazing nights sleep we ventured out to Trafalgar Square. The tube that we were to take there was under construction so we had to find an alternative route. That did not go well... ended up lost and wandering the streets for about an hour. Everything turned out alright and we ended up where we were supposed to be. After a quick tour of the National Museum we decided that watching the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace would be neat. As we started walking that direction there were baracades and police everywhere. Being completely out of the loop of London, we were over heard talking by some British women who informed us that today is the official birthday celebrations of the Queen! a parade of guards and marching bands were coming down the main street, followed by Kate Middleton and then the QUEEN! so cool!!!

After that adrenaline rush we ventured on to see Big Ben and parliament. Had a delightful lunch at St. Stephen's Pub where we observed the clock strike 12. Neat stuff. We kept walking to the London Eye area where we caught a boat down the Thames to Tower Bridge and the Tower of London.

We did alot today and it was exhausting. Now off for some drinks and then to bed. Later Days!

Tags: big ben, london, london eye, queen

About christie


Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.