Existing Member?

Europe 2012

Venice

ITALY | Thursday, 12 July 2012 | Views [349]

Venice is a gorgeous city, super confusing to navigate but it is nothing like any other city I have ever seen. After our busy day of travel from Switzerland to Italy involving 4 different trains we decided to take our first night in Venice easy. Our hotel is located outside of Venice therefore we had to bus into the city yesterday to explore! The scorching temperatures are not what we are used to after mid 20s in Interlaken, so our pace was quite a bit slower than in previous cities. We wandered around the streets and finally made it to Saint Marc's Square and the Grand Canal. On our way back to the hotel we found a gem of a gondola ride deal and decided that Venice would not be complete without that experience. The driver of our boat was awesome! He gave us a nice tour of the canals and an overview of his experience in Venice working in the industry. It was an absolutely delightful ride.
Today was yet another hot day that could only be dealt with by going somewhere to cool us down. Aqualandia, a huge waterpark, was advertised at our hotel so we took advantage of the deal and went to the park for the day. Crazy watersides, nice pools, good music, lots of sun and gelato! Great day :)
Tomorrow we are off to Florence! 

Tags: aqualandia, gondola, venice

About christie


Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.