Existing Member?

2011 The Nightingale's Oddessy Our exchange year in Canada.

CLEE Toronto Zoo Trip 17 Apr 2011-04-19

CANADA | Friday, 22 April 2011 | Views [326]

CLEE Toronto Zoo Trip 17 Apr 2011-04-19

I guess most of you would have seen or heard of the wild weather that ripped through the USA over the weekend. North Carolina was the hardest hit, with nearly two hundred tornados being recorded. Well Southern Ontario wasn’t spared the weather, though it was nothing as bad as the US had. What we got out of the system was rain, cold weather and snow flurries all in one day and this is supposed to be Spring.

Of course all this had to happen on the Sunday. The day the Canadian Exchange League had arranged a trip to Toronto zoo. Ourselves the Barnard’s, the Fermier’s and some others met up with our guides and had a great if not cold day around the zoo. Along with the normal animals you see at most zoo’s we got to see some of the native Canadian wildlife such as moose etc. A lot of the animals from Africa and Asia weren’t on display, funny that given the temperature, but the Lions managed to brave the cold and snow, though they did not look suitably impressed, I guess it doesn’t snow on the African plains. The kids enjoyed meeting up with friends once again and getting to see animals such as Polar Bears. Natasha though only wanted to see the Barrier Reef exhibit. This actually gave us all a laugh as in the Australian section they had a Cane Toad and on a sign next to it was written “It is a shame such an attractive creature is consider a pest” WTF attractive????

As you will see from the photos when it snowed it came down in big flakes. So this had us ducking in and out of inside exhibits and brought a relatively early end to the day as we were all suffering a bit.

What’s next?? A few families have booked cottages on the Bruce Peninsular on Lake Huron, so we are all going to spend the Easter weekend together relaxing. Hope everyone at home has been or will be doing the same, seeing you are all in the middle of term break.

Will have lots of photos from our trip I expect so will post when we get back.

About cheken


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.