Existing Member?

Travels

Day 45 (8-18): Chile Santiago - Mendoza

ARGENTINA | Wednesday, 18 August 2010 | Views [334]

- One thing I hated about crossing Argentina border (from Chile) was that despite the long trip, there are no overnight buses which means I would be wasting a full day on commute. I heard the scenery was stunning, but I couldn´t help but fall asleep on buses so definitely prefer overnight buses. Overnight buses are available during summer, but unfortunately they close border at nights in the winter. Jose, another guy from the hostel, is heading to Mendoza too, so we headed to Terminal Santiago together in the norning to get our bus tickets. We were set off to leave at 1:30 pm.

- As expected, I slept half of the time on the bus ride, and for the another half which I managed to stay awake, I caught the amazing scenery of the Andes (gradual on the Argentinean side and steep on the Chilean side), the snow, and the spectacular hairpin turns. This time, the crossing was much quicker (than from Mendoza to Santiago). It took only 30 minutes, and I did not fail to puzzle the immigration officers how I managed to enter Argentina without a visa the first time. Same old same old ...

- Arrived at Mendonza at 9-ish pm. Had dinner with Jose at the bus terminal before he left for Buenos Aires (another 10 hour bus) and I checked into Casa Pueblo Hostel. The hostel was recommended by Scott - it is nice to be close to the bus terminal, but it also implies a longer walk or bus/cab ride to the city central.

About cee_402


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.