Existing Member?

Travels

Day 44 (8-17): Chile Santiago

CHILE | Tuesday, 17 August 2010 | Views [335]

- Untll today, I have been pretty good at waking up on time for my intended activites. This morning, I glanced at my watch as I woke up, surprised to find out it was 10:05 am already. Yikes! I missed the city tour.

- Walked to Parque Quinta Normal where some of the most well-known/interesting museums were housed. I am just not too lucky when it comes to museums on this trip. It seems like all the musuems I am interested in checking out were unavailable - one way or the other. When I arrived at the Museo de Arte Popular (as indicated on the map), I was told the museum was relocated to the Republica district. So I strolled to its new location at Republica, only to find out the second floor (where all the surrealism art collection is) was shut down for whatever reason. Another landmark Palacio Cousino was temporarily sclosed for remodelling (amongst others). Throughout the day, I found myself doing a lot of walking without actually visiting many places. Whatever.

- Oh, whilst at Parque Quinta Normal, I visted the Museo Ferroviario. The museum was a part of the huge park set aside to house the collection of 16 trains. It is definitely a heaven for kids (and adults) who love cars, trains, engines and stuff. This was not the point though - at the entrance when I asked for a ticket, the cashier asked if I was a student. Haha! The liar I am, I said I was but forgot my student identification. The lady was all cool with it and handed me a ´nino´ (kid) ticket. A Kid Ticket! How slick was that! Throughout work, I have always wanted to look more mature. On this trip though, I have been traveling with lots of 19, 20-year-old kiddso, and for once it felt great to look young and feel young.

About cee_402


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.