Existing Member?

Travels

Day 42 (8-15): Chile Los Gaviotas - Osorno

CHILE | Sunday, 15 August 2010 | Views [399]

- Good times always fly by. Couldn't believe it had been 4 days already and that I was leaving today. It was prefect timing though coz the morning was gloomy, the air was chilly and it looked like it was going to rain - exactly what we were told by the weather forecast prior to the trip.

- I spent the morning with Juan and Rudy fixing the flashing metal at the new cabin. Juan found some left-over sheet metal sheets, and the decision was to install a small extension piece under the existing sheet. Much of the time was spent on yanking installed gutter and pulling out roofing bolts/nuts/fasteners. All the work had to be done in care though as the material were to be saved for reuse. At around noon, Rudy dropped me off at the ferry 'station', and I was surprised to find Tolomis already in the ferry. Turned out he was heading to the city for a purchase trip and we would be heading to Osorno together.

- As we reached the shore, I was heading to the bus already waiting there when Tolomis pulled me to another direction. Turned out he had a pickup stored at a garage (a run-down tin hut) a couple meters from the shore. The pickup looked pretty rusty/run down - I suspected it ws deliberately left that way to discourage car theft. He dropped me and another two boys off at the bus terminal (Osorno) and I realized I had to plan mu next stop.

- The last buses to Pucon/Bariloche were at 2, which meant I had to wait till tomorrow to leave Osorno if I was taking the South Argentina route. Checked the weather at Pucon, Bariloche and Puerto Madryn (location for whale watching) and it appeared that it would be raining for at least a week in the area. Whale watching was really tempting, but given the weather situation, I wasted no time in deciding that I would head back up to Santiago and head to Buenos Aires via Mendoza and Cordoba. I got an overnight bus ticket back to Santiago, my 3rd stint in 2 weeks.

About cee_402


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.