Existing Member?

Travels

Day 38 (8-11): Chile Osorno - Los Gaviotas

CHILE | Wednesday, 11 August 2010 | Views [461]

- Arrived at Osorno at 8-ish in the morning. Local bus to El Poncho was not until 12:30. Dropped off my backpack at the custodio and ventured into Osorno's downtown. Osorno is not exactly a tourist city, so people were staring at me with curious eyes. A couple students even stopped to (secretly) take photos of me.

- Bus from Osorno arrived at the lake, just in time for the publiic ferry at 3. I was glad I brought along Scott´s instruction sheet - the details (time, cost, location of commute etc) were right to the T. I figured Los Gaviotas must be a pretty small town. Everyone getting on/off of the ferry at the different stops seem to know everyone on board. My stop was the last one and as I got off the ferry, Edith, the cabin owner was already at the shore anticipating my arrival.

- My cabin is located beside the farm house and has a capacity of 6. Downstairs is the living room, dining area, kitchen (with a wood burning stove) and upstairs is are the bedrooms. Later in the evening, I realized there are 2 other guys (the carpenters working for Edith) staying in the guesthouse. I brought along food from Santiago and my arrangement with Edith was that I would prepare my own meals with the exception of Saturday´s dinner (my last evening at Los Gaviotas).

About cee_402


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.