Existing Member?

Travels

Day 28 (8-1): Argentina Mendoza

ARGENTINA | Sunday, 1 August 2010 | Views [191]

- Arrived at Mendoza at 4 pm. Checked at the bus terminal for buses to Santiago and realized that the border had been closed for 2 days due to heavy storm at the mountains. Shit! I need to be at Santiago by the 3rd to catch my morning flight to Easter Island on the 4th. No one knows if the border will reopen tomorrow. If it is still closed, I will need to fly to Santiago.

- Funny how pricing of one-way flight ticket works. Round trip from Mendoza to Santiago is $139 plus tax. One-way ticket to Santiago is $516 plus tax. Hmm ...

- Checked into a hostel called Monkey Hostel close to the Plaza. Could have looked up more hostels, but after walking around with your bagpacks for 30 minutes, you take whatever is available at reasonable pricing. 

- After being in Argentina for a while, you start getting confused which city you are in. All cities (At least the ones I have been to: Salta, Jujuy, Mendonza) have the same street names and park names, just different layouts or configuration: San Martin, Belgrano, Necochea, Rivadavia, Guemes, Espana and the list goes on. I am sure these places/people have great significance on Argentinean history, but serious, whoever naming the streets need more imagination that this.

- Grabbed a nice 3-course set dinner for just 6 USD and headed back to the hostel for a nap. My nap ended up being my sleep.

About cee_402


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.