Existing Member?

The Big O.E An epic adventure across the world, backpacker style :)

Home Sweet Home

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 23 August 2007 | Views [1327]

Soon to be our very own kitchen!

Soon to be our very own kitchen!

So we've finally chosen a place to live in Cannes! I've put a wee pic of the kitchen, and you can see other ones at http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/france/fr2406.htm

It's so cute! Took a long time to decide against saving a bit more money and living in a scummy student studio in the suburbs, with a tiny kitchen that we would have had to 'DIY' according to the landlord. So instead we have a one bedroom apartment right on Palm Beach, near la Croisette and rue d'Antibes. Very exciting!

The only possible flaw in our plan is the whole getting a visa for France thing. We have an appointment in London in two weeks to try and get one. We don't meet all the criteria (as we're not students at a UK university) but we'll do our best. Considering that it's the French government that has asked us to come to France and work for them, it would be ludicrous if another part of the French government told us that we couldn't come... but I'm a bit nervous, because I have known ludicrous things to happen!

We are having a great time on the Isle of Wight. Living with the Sheldon family is like living in a hurricane - people and dogs whirling around you everywhere. We have 22 people for supper tonight. James is currently at the Royal Solent Yacht club launching Piko sailing boats for Dinghy Week, which Susie (our boss) organised. All the family are competing. I'm going to head back now with their lunches.

It is really cool not to have any living expenses and have relatively stress free days in such beautiful surroundings.

Lots of love

Catherine XXX

Tags: Adventures

 
 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.