Existing Member?

My thoughts about . . .

CAMERA SHOPPING . . or not?

SPAIN | Friday, 12 June 2009 | Views [404] | Comments [1]

I asked the very helpful and friendly woman at the Eixere to call me a taxi so I could go to the next town to buy a camera. Highly doubtful that I will pass this way again, I needed to snap pics this time and I needed a working camera to do so.

The small electronics/hardware shop sold EVERYTHING. Again, I found helpful and friendly Eixere-ans—the shop owner, his assistant and the taxi driver – were great. Before I even hesitated at spending almost €200 for a new camera, the clerk was saying , no, no, this is too much. The owner asked to see my “broken” camera and in minutes it was working. It was the batteries. I explained that I had had a similar problem before etc etc and was leaning towards just getting a new one. He was like..no no, it's not necessary. Yours is fine.

I walked out of the shop with 8 batteries and a disposal camera. They all chuckled when I insisted on buying the “old fashioned” dusty disposal camera on the shelf but I felt good having a backup..even if it is outdated, film and dusty.

Comments

1

I was wondering when we'd get to see pix!

  Anna Jun 14, 2009 5:53 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.