Existing Member?

My thoughts about . . .

Portomarin - Eixere

SPAIN | Friday, 12 June 2009 | Views [479] | Comments [2]

Day 2 at 10:00 I was still sitting in my hotel room thinking 'mucho gracias' to the lifesaver who left the wifi open with no password necessary. I had to walk “just” 17km today to reach Eixere. Garry (the guy who organized my hotels/stops) mentioned there isn't much to do there and suggested hanging out in Portomarin a bit longer. He was right.

Eirexe is made up of a coffe bar/restaurant, an albergue and my hotel. Not the place you want to be when your camera breaks. Thinking I snapped a bunch of pics on todays walk, I found out that wasn't the case when I tried to download them and there was nothing to download:-(

The dozens of photos I didn't take were of the beautiful Galicia countryside...and the highway. Part of the camino runs along a major road. Actually, as I was taking the bus out to Sarria 3 days ago, I spotted many pilgrims trudging along this road in the rain. Fortunately, the sun has been shining the past two days.

The temperature is just perfect. I still sweat going up the hills...and today seemed to be a steady slow uphill climb...but the weather is perfect for walking. Less adventuresome than the day before, there weren't any dicey climbs to maneuver or creeks to wade through. Walking on the path surrounded by trees and with only the sounds of birds chirping was quite an incredible experience.


Comments

1

Carol, I think this is so great! Is this the same pilgrimage that Shirley MacClain took and wrote her book about?

You go girl!!

  sharon yockel Jun 14, 2009 5:42 AM

2

Way to go woman!!!
Sounds like an awesome experience! Your descriptions of the sights and events makes me feel like I'm along for the journey. Meet any interesting fellow pilgrams?

P.S. Didn't know you liked Will and Grace...love the show.

Take care,
Bessie

  Bessie Kambouris Jun 18, 2009 10:23 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.