Existing Member?

My thoughts about . . .

Ready . . Set . . Walk

SPAIN | Friday, 11 June 2010 | Views [1559]

my route-- from Santiago to Finisterre-Land's End!

my route-- from Santiago to Finisterre-Land's End!

Gearing to go...  Like last June, I will head to Santiago de Compostela in Galicia in NW Spain. I will walk about 90km from S de C to Finisterre, the End of the World. The day before leaving I noticed an ad on the back of a bus. How could I have not noticed it before today especially considering I am always on my motorino stuck behind a city bus? Ultreia! tutti a Santiago

Not that I had many doubts but I definitely felt like someone was speaking to me. My apprehension last year was for the unknown. This time around, reading that there aren't many pilgrims on this part of St James Way, I wondered what would happen if I needed help. Yes, some over analyzing going on here.

Reading Shirley MacLaine's book about her experience on the Camino (shout out to Sharon who told me about it!), I could understand last year's experience even better. OK, her Way was a little more 'out there' compared to mine but I could understand where she was coming from. I understood the clarity and lucidity that is gained on the Way. I want that again. I need to get rid of all the 'chatter' in my head. I need to clear my mind of the constant, overloading every day crap that clutters and dirties and gets everything out of focus. I need to walk away from all that . . . and it'll take me 4 days and about 90km to do so. Let's hope it is that easy.

 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.