Existing Member?

My thoughts about . . .

MADRID

SPAIN | Tuesday, 9 June 2009 | Views [305] | Comments [1]

With just one afternoon and eve in Madrid, wouldn't it just happen that I didn't feel well—a slight fever and a splitting headache. Not even knowing the symptoms, my first thought was, “oh no, swine flu!” but then I realized I was in the wrong Spanish speaking country.

I did manage to wander around a few hours after siesta. What little I saw, I liked. A very multicultural city, it is hard for me to identify who the Spaniards actually are. I guess the difference is in Rome, it is so easy to pinpoint Romani since they are all essentially wearing the same outfit. This season, purple is the color in the eternal city. Hence, every female is wearing it. I didn't get that same impression here. Not all teenage girls look alike. They have various hairstyles, bags and clothing. Much more individualistic in style and look than I had anticipated.

For sure, I have to come back for a long weekend. In bed and fast asleep by 9:30pm meant I didn't experience the famous Spanish nightlife. Next trip.

Comments

1

Funny, because I've always noticed the Spanish (especially the women) wear certain "typical" pieces that make them easy to identify a mile away! That was even before I lived there. Maybe they've changed... Anyway, I expect you felt sick because you stayed out too late eating ice-cream on Via Chiabrera the night before leaving! ;-D Glad you recovered quickly.

  Anna Jun 13, 2009 4:29 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.