Existing Member?

My thoughts about . . .

Scootering Along 2

ITALY | Friday, 13 June 2008 | Views [434] | Comments [1]

Driving along Corso Vittorio Emanuele minding my own business and this big NOISY motorcycle darts in front of me and cuts me off. There were two twenty-something boys on it laughing and smiling without a care in the world. . . or so they thought.

I wasn't too far behind them when I saw a vigilessa wave her “stop” paddle at them. The motorcycle driver headed towards her like he was going to stop. Instead, he darted back to his right and peeled. What a little shit. Well, he isn't going to get away with that. He was stopped at the red light at Lungotevere still laughing and smiling as I pulled up behind him. In fact, I was laughing and smiling too as I constantly repeated the license plate number BJ 60685.

I debated for a good 15 seconds and then circled back around to speak with the traffic police officers. There were 4 of them...all women. When I asked, they said they had gotten the plate number adding –we are 4 women on duty today and we get the job done! After a brief exchange of complimenti and grazie...my complimenti to them, their grazie to me-- I did a U turn in front of them, smiled, waved goodbye and felt really good. Of course I laughed out loud thinking those silly boys—they didn't know there were 4 female officers on duty plus 1 annoyed female motorino driver (who likes to get the last laugh  ;-)

Comments

1

That was cute!

  Barbara Hall Jun 15, 2009 3:43 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.