Existing Member?

avant-garde_chauvintist wandering through the garden of ideals

So much candy

CHINA | Monday, 24 March 2008 | Views [598]

I have officially spent more time planning for my classes this semester than I did all last semester. And I'm only three weeks in.

I just had lunch with another teacher, Kiri. She's also teaching the culture class, so we're working together to plan out the lessons and make sure we're covering the same topics. It's nice because it's less work for me (she's taught the classes before). But it gets frustrating because I can't do it on my own time.

She made sushi for lunch. I haven't enjoyed this particular delicacy since arriving in Asia, so it was a nice treat. Anticipation made it that much better. I went to her apartment at 11:30 (right after my class was over) for lunch and another planning session.

It's now 3:33 pm, and I just got home. I spent the last four hours planning, eating, and indulging in her left over sweets from Easter. I have a stomach ache. My brain is tired (and full of lots of information about countries that speak English). And I'm slightly cranky.

I had plans for the day. They didn't involve a stomach ache from sweets or four hours of planning classes. But it's done. Until the next time we have to have a massive planning session with good food.

Tags: colleagues, work

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.