Existing Member?

avant-garde_chauvintist wandering through the garden of ideals

A football (soccer) team

CHINA | Tuesday, 25 March 2008 | Views [732] | Comments [1]

The other day the class assignment was to think about ambitions. Then, tell your partner about your ambitions. Then, tell the class your most interesting ambition.

"I want to travel the world."

"I want to become a business woman."

"I want to make a lot of money."

They were pretty mundane with their "interesting" ambitions. I was getting bored. The students weren't enjoying it.

Then...

"I want to move to another country, marry a foreigner, and have either five or nine children."

"Uh...what?"

"In China, we can only have one child, so I want to move abroad so I can have enough children for a basketball team. Maybe a football team."

"So you want to marry a foreigner?"

"Well, not necessarily a foreigner. Whoever I fall in love with. But I don't want to live in China because I want to have lots of children."

"So do you want to live in an English speaking country? Or do you want to learn another language?"

"I don't care. Just anywhere where I can have lots of babies."

It was definitely interesting. And it was a dude's ambition.

Another student suggested he should have enough children for two footballs teams so they can play against one another. :)

Tags: culture, students

Comments

1

hmm, sounds like my type!
;)

  lauren Mar 27, 2008 2:02 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.