Existing Member?

avant-garde_chauvintist wandering through the garden of ideals

A Friendly Debate

CHINA | Monday, 5 November 2007 | Views [535] | Comments [2]

All the rest that I achieved yesterday in lieu doing anything else must have paid off. Class today was amazing.

I had briefly prepared a few things from the book that I wanted to cover but most of it was boring. And I knew that. But being occupied with sleeping yesterday, I didn't think to prepare anything else.

So, when I got to class, I started working on some activities from the book. I could see very quickly that an hour and a half of doing that was going to have them all crying or snoring. So, I deviated. Yes, my friends, I must be becoming a real teacher because I had that ability to throw off everything I planned and start a basically whole new idea right in the middle.

Class became a friendly debate between three groups. I set the rules and told them exactly what I expected them to do. They, in turn, did it. It worked almost too well. These are students that I could barely get to read aloud from the book at the beginning of the semester. Today, I had them debating with each other. Actually making points and disputing the points of other groups in English.

I was wildly impressed with the students for latching on so willingly and effortlessly. And, of course, with myself for having the ability to make it happen.

Maybe I'm good at this stuff after all.

Tags: Work

Comments

1

i find it remarkable that you can manage to post one of these everyday. i cant even seem to eat everyday, much less write a journal entry. your package has been in the mail for a while now, hopefully it will get to you unspoiled. and now you're talking to me online so i'll go. love you!

  tbone Nov 5, 2007 6:12 PM

2

i adore you. and i'm really glad that you are writing every day now. i still haven't bought a microphone so we can talk on skype, but i quit my job, so i may not have any spare cash until after graduation. i'll call ya soon, and i'll keep reading these every day!

  gvand Nov 6, 2007 4:31 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.